MMoCA Film and Video Theater
Overture Center Madison Wisconsin
Because it serves as a lecture hall and screening room for the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art, audio quality was considered critical for this 200-seat venue.
Lewis Sound provided a state-of-the art sound system for the high-end space. This system includes:
- BSS Soundweb digital signal processing.
- Mic and speaker patch bays.
- A small mic mixer.
- Three Crown amplifiers.
- A wiring backbone, including input/output panels on each side of the stage and on the ceiling above the stage with mic and speaker jacks.
- Assistive listening with two infrared transmitters in the theater.
- Connections to the building-wide paging system, to bring pages and program audio into other areas of the Overture Center.
The sound system currently uses left, right and center loudspeakers plus a subwoofer, which Overture technical staff installed on the wiring backbone.