University of Wisconsin – Madison
Originally built in 1974, Weeks Hall houses the UW-Madison Department of Geology and Geophysics’ classrooms, library and research facilities.
A major addition included a new lecture hall with audio and video systems by Lewis Sound & Video. The installation includes:
- Side by side Sanyo projectors with long-throw lenses in a projection booth at the back of the room.
- Dual document cameras: a Wolfvision tabletop unit and a ClearOne ceiling-mounted camera.
- Audio Technica microphones hung from the ceiling, which pick up and reinforce instructors’ voices from anywhere in the front of the room.
- Interfacing for a dedicated computer in the podium plus laptop.
- A front-throw projection booth (located in the rear of the room) housing the projectors and sound and video source equipment.
- Crestron operating controls with a 15″ touch panel located at the podium and a 12″ panel in the projection room. Each controls all AV and lighting systems and includes a preview screen for the instructor.
- Crestron wireless mouse with laser pointer.