Whitnall High School
Serving students in the communities of Hales Corners, Franklin, and Greenfield, Wisconsin, Whitnall opened its doors in 1959 and underwent a major renovation completed in the spring of 2001.
Drawing on our experience in large performing arts centers, Lewis Sound designed and installed an all-new sound system in the Whitnall auditorium. It is used for band, orchestra and vocal performances, plus dramas, musicals, and lectures.
The new system includes:
- An EAW loudspeaker system with left-right-centre positions and 2 subwoofers
- Midas Verona V/320/8/IP 32-channel mixing console
- Biamp AudiaFLEX digital signal processor
- A Lexicon MPX-550 digital multi-effects generator to provide reverb and sound effects for school productions
- Crown amplifiers
- ElectroVoice Force i stage monitors
- Audio Technica wireless lavaliers
- A 2-channel intercom system
- Listen to assistive listening system
Dan Larson, building & grounds supervisor, is definitely impressed by the sound system. “I was up there when Henry was doing the fine-tuning on all the speakers, and he was playing Steely Dan. He was showing me on the computer all the reverbs and the oscillations, how the speakers put out the sound and the distance travelled. It’s fantastic. It’s like you’re standing in the middle of the band on stage.”