Irvin L. Young Auditorium
University of Wisconsin Whitewater
Opened in 1992, the 1300-seat Young Auditorium provides the Whitewater community with an outstanding venue for music, dance and theater, hosting everything from Carmen to Grease to the Glenn Miller Orchestra.
Lewis Sound & Video designed, engineered, and installed a high-end theatrical sound system that includes
- A center loudspeaker cluster mounted over the proscenium
- A smaller delay cluster to serve the balcony
- A 32-channel mixing board
- A production intercom system
- A Peavey X-Frame DSP that provides multiple setups presets, including presets that allow touring bands and companies to easily tie their portable systems into the auditorium’s house sound.
Auxiliary systems include
- Multi-channel intercom
- Multi-zone lobby paging and background music
- Back-of-house program, paging and intercom systems (for dressing room, production and administration areas)
- CCTV video system for remote visual monitoring throughout the production areas
Read a detailed description of theatrical sound system design.
Read about other AV systems we installed on the UW-Whitewater campus at Upham Hall, Heide Hall, and the Williams Athletic Center